<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7661030?origin\x3dhttp://mymarionette-realityfied.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, March 15, 2006
it's 5:15 PM.

Listening to: Obvious - Anthony Callea


To Nilawan: Yes, I have read the post which you hoped I would read.


Note to Readers: I'm less suicidal now.


Library Camp ended yesterday at around five something. So fun! Especially *JL* who looked super hot throughout the whole thing!!


Day 1: I was supposed to meet Nilawan in school half an hour earlier than the assembling time, and I showed up just in time!! Just that it wasn't on time for our meeting, but it was on time for the camp.


So anyway, Nilawan and I were busying ourselves with the reshuffling of groups due to some unexpected last minute changes while those who arrived earlier were busy with their important game of blackjack. It was a little chaotic during the first hour after the camp commenced, partly because the some library members didn't want to settle down. As a result, we had to cancel one of the activities planned. But it wasn't all that bad, I suppose.. excluding the fact that stupid Melissa kept criticising my taste of songs. Then it was time for some training for all the librarians, so Shuwen, Wei Yi, and I went for the IMac training first while Nilawan, Melissa, and Eugene went for some boring Library system training.


All was well, UNTIL Miss Hia went to call Miss Wong to inform her that there was a Literature Workshop going on!! Ok, so I thought the lame crap would end at around 12.30pm latest. HOW WAS I TO KNOW IT WOULD END AT FIVE O' CLOCK?!? I had to sit through the whole stupid workshop while the rest went for rock-climbing!! Perhaps you would wonder why I didn't do anything to skip the stupid workshop. In fact I did. I was pathetically negotiating with Miss Hia to let me off, BUT she didn't want to. AND THE STUPID THING WAS THAT JACQUELINE SKIPPED THE SECOND HALF OF THE WORKSHOP TO GO FOR HER MEDIA CAMP!!!!Well actually the Literature Workshop was quite okay, except the part where stupid nicholas ngo stuck his finger in my mouth accidentally. Thank goodness I didn't puke on the spot.


But in any case, after the whole thing, I realised that my locker keys were with Shuwen [I stupidly put my bag in the locker], and Shuwen was all the way at the rock-climbing place! So I freaked out, but skillfully concealed the horrifying expression on my face and calmly made my way to the library. I was evidently bored. Thus I cleverly took my beautiful phone out and chatted with Nilawan until she came back. Smart huh? In the end, there was no more battery life in my pathetic phone... @#$%^&*!


Nilawan escorted me to my grand abode because I can't bathe in cold water, and so I had to return home to bathe. NILAWAN DIDN'T BATHE!!! And I suppose she was rather proud of the fact that she didn't. It was a darn mad rush to and fro, and I was perspiring in no time straight after my bath.


Dinner was served after I came back. It was a humble meal consisting of overcooked cabbage, egg, rice, and something else. I couldn't say I totally enjoyed the meal. XD


Then we played pass the parcel, followed by a movie marathon. We watched Constantine and White Chicks. I was rather amused at the first part of Constantine, and was sniggering at the lame special effects [as well as lamed out at Melissa's comment that I was the possessed girl and that I couldn't get the lead actress's role because I wasn't pretty enough...] In any case the 17 year olds skipped the movie marathon and were playing soccer downstairs. I'm not in any way angry with them, considering it was already a miracle that they ACTUALLY came!!


Melissa and me smuggled in our snacks, and there were close calls when Miss Wong popped her head in now and then. There were people caught eating, but we weren't. And it all goes to prove something - There is an obvious difference between talented and untalented people.


WE SLEPT AT 1.30AM. And I'm proud of that because it shows my loyalty to Library for sacrificing my beauty sleep.


Day 2: Thank goodness there was no more Literature Workshop!! Anyway, I woke up at 6.25am, 5 minutes before the actual time to wake up. Didn't really expect to be the first to wake up. So I woke Shuwen, and then Nilawan, who nicely snubbed me and went back to sleep.


After wash-up, half an hour had already passed. Evidently, the male committee members we instructed to be ready by 6.45am were showing their not-so-happy faces. In any case, more negative things cropped up. It so happened that the clue cards prepared for the amazing race later had some error. So after a whole lot of mad rush, we finally ate breakfast, which were 2 cold roti pratas and a cup of nicely diluted milo that had completely no taste.


I think I seem to be totally negative about the whole camp.


After breakfast, I went to take out my lovely bleach manga from my locker to prevent any boredom during the Amazing Race. So Shuwen and I made our way to our rspective stations while stupid Nilawan stayed in the library.


I WAS THOROUGHLY BORED AND HAD NO MOOD TO READ MY BLEACH MANGA DUE TO THE HOT WEATHER. I had to sit really near the wall of the bus stop to avoid any sun rays from attacking my skin. As a result, the groups couldn't find me. [Well, it was also partly because I was wearing white, which was also the same color the ACSI students were wearing.]


I wasn't interested in any of the groups honestly, except the group which had *JL* in it. I couldn't say I wasn't blushing when he leant over my shoulder to see the question on the card I was holding. XD


After the last group came to my station, I rushed back to school with the intention to cheer on *JL*'s group. Unfortunately, his group didn't clinch the top prize..


Then we had nasi lemak for lunch, which was again, another humble meal with an egg, a fish, an otah, a drumstick, and rice. So after that, and after many miscellaneous happenings, we finally set off to East Coast Park for our Community Involvement Programme.


Mission: To pick up litter, especially those thrown by humans. We were given a rubbish bag for each group. Being super enthusiastic, Nilawan and I ran all over the place collecting litter. TO THINK NILAWAN HAD THE GUTS TO PICK UP A BABY DIAPER WHICH WAS FULL OF SQUISHY FAECES IN IT!! And after a few minutes, stupid Wei Yi and gang began to 'steal our business' by snatching every litter that I was about to pick up.


We finally finished filling one bag of rubbish! So we dumped the bag on the grass and headed for 'Coffee Bean' after washing our hands at Mcdonalds and waiting for Melissa to finish her lame strawberry sundae. Skipping all the minor details, we were finally caught by Miss Wong because we weren't supposed to slack off, much less sit in a cafe comfortably and slowly sip our coffee and savour cake.


Thus we were punished, and were made to pick litter for another 50 minutes before we could rent bikes. Obviously we couldn't be bothered to be so enthusiastic again, so we picked up leaves which were swept into a pile by the roadside cleaners and emptied the rubbish from the nearby rubbish bins into our rubbish bags. We finished before the appointed time, so we slacked for another 20 minutes and passed time by playing the games I learnt during service learning.


WE FINALLY COULD GO AND RENT BIKES!!! And before that, we actually took pictures with the rubbish bags we filled earlier. Shuwen and I rented a tandem bike because I have no idea how to balance myself on two wheels. Cycled for less than an hour while playing the same game with Royston, Swee Kean, Eugene, and Wei Yi. My ass hurt ever since, because the bicycle seat was too hard.


On the way back to school, Nilawan, Melissa, and I slept through the whole journey, except Shuwen who was listening to the mp3s in my Creative Zen Neeon.


The Library Camp, in general, rocked socks! I think it's like the best camp I've ever had compared to the Media Camp I'd attended in the past three years. Media Camp is HORRIBLE!!! They are freakin' biased towards their own people, and their activities plain suck.


That's all to my account of the Library Camp.

randomly defined.


archives.


shut up.


thankyous.