Listening to: Lips of an Angel
I'm back from my chalet!! I must say, it was really the most boring family vacations I ever had, really. However, it wasn't all that bad though I had an unpredictable high fever for two days, and I didn't get to see any good looking guys with six packs at the barbeque area and Wild Wild Wet since it was raining like crap. Yes, the rainy season just had to stop right on the day when we check out, utter damnation.
The good points were that I got to hang out with nearly all my cousins for a pretty long time, and... the meals we had were pretty good! Right, I guess I'll do a break down of my days spent in the wonderful Aranda Country Club in Pasir Ris directly nect to Downtown East.
_Day One
The first part is all in the previous post already, now on to the journey there. After lugging all the luggage down the stairs, and cramming everything into my auntie's car boot [which was already pretty packed], we finally set off to our destination. Well, it started to rain on the way, BUT my aunt was pretty much undampened by the rain and continued to persevere on through the journey. After she took a few long stares at the map WHILE driving [which was pretty amazing how we managed to reach there alive since her eyes weren't on the road most of the time], she drove all the way to.... Pasir Ris Drive TWELVE!! Which of course, is even more fascinating, because we were supposed to turn into the country club before Drive SIX. And for your information, Drive 12 is the last segment of the whole of Pasir Ris. Any further, we would have been resting in unrest in our watery graves already.
Anyway, we reached at long last! By then my fever shot up by a few degrees and my mom had to hurry me to the chalet room to rest. My eyes were freaking burning by then, and goosebumps were popping all over like... daisies! So while I rested on the sofa [my mom insisted that every part of the house had to be cleaned first], I was staring out throught the glass door leading out to a balcony directly facing Wild Wild Wet. At first, I thought my luck had changed, and scanned for any presence of quality life forms.
Then, a thought thrust itself into my head.
My sickness was indeed a blessing in disguise. My mom had called me into the room to rest on the bed instead, which was a SUPER GREAT reliever because I was getting a real big headache from looking at the guys walking past. Now just how bad were they? Imagine a normal guy, and picture him with a VERY fair complexion. Add on some geeky hair, and a hint of the ribcage showing through the skin covering it. OR why not imagine some oily-skinned horizontally challenged bloke, whose stomach fats look as if they were going to spill out of his extra large board shorts any minute? Another alternative is to imagine a middle-aged dude with LOADS of chest hair, and LOADS more on his hands, legs, face... etc. Well, if you find it hard to imagine, then imagine the pain I went through when I saw those kinds of people at Wild Wild Wet. PITY ME!
The rest of the day was spent with my runny nose, my aching throat, and my burning head. The other relatives who came were doing some barbeque thing downstairs. Anyway, things weren't going so well, so I started to sms Nilawan and Kookie while resting on my bed since I was REALLY bored. It was still raining for your information, meaning they were actually trying to start a fire in the rain. Amazingly and miraculously, they succeeded!! My bro-in-law cooked the chicken wings my sister seasoned, which was pretty nice. My mom brought up whatever food which was just cooked up to room 2216, which was the room me, my mom, sis, bro-in-law, and nephews were staying in.
After my fever dropped to 37.5 degrees, I couldn't tolerate the boredom anymore and went to find my cousins who were also bored stiff. So find nothing better to do, we started to scan for any good-looking guys. UNFORTUNATELY, most of them looked TOO nerdy and geeky, ack! However, we did realise that there were some quality people in room 2211, which was a room away from my cousin's room [this point will be continued on day 2].
Went to sleep because my fever shot up tp 39 degrees, so yupx.. ON to day 2~!
_Day Two
Woke up late, only to be further disturbed by my auntie and cousins who supposedly woke up an hour or more before us. I mean, come on la, who the heck wakes up before 10 or later in the morning during holidays? So anyway, my mom went along with her sisters first to 'cheers', some store which is a somewhat equivalent of NTUC but smaller.
Dragged my legs to the foodcourt since everyone wanted to go there. Ate my usual ramen and slacked some more in the foodcourt since some idiotic people were eating damn slowly. So in the end, my whole morning was wasted waiting for people and stuff like that. If I had a choice, I would rather continue my sleep. After all, I was STILL having a darn fever.
I guess after seeing my cousins' and my gloomy faces, the adults finally agreed to let us go to the arcade. At first I thought my luck really changed, but things did not turn out the way I wished it would. Firstly, there were too little games to play, and the whole stupid place was small and stuffy. I can bet a million bucks the air conditioner was seriously spoilt. Wasted a dear 10 bucks on stupid and idiotic games. The only part I enjoyed was that hockey thing where 2 players each have their own goals, and they have to use some dish-like thing to prevent a disc from getting to your side. Know why? Because I always win when I play that game, hah!
Planned on going to KTV after the arcade, which was approved of by the parents first. HOWEVER, because some people just had to procrastinate and dilly dally, the KTV booking was full. Wasted the whole time in my cousin's room and we did prank calls to other rooms out of boredom. In total we prank called room 2211 four times since no one dared to ask for their number. So everything dragged on till night, which in other words mean we wasted our whole day slacking llike crap.
_Day Three
Checking out day!! For once I was so eager to leave from a vacation. Anyway, since my cousin and I still haven't gotten a number from room 2211, we decided to do some last minute despo act. Obviously because I'm older, and by far the one who has the most guts out of my people [which means they're REALLY cowardly though they keep denying the fact that they are], I called their room using my room's phone. Things turned out to be a piece of cake I guess, got one of the guys handphone number and email address in less than 2 minutes on a lame excuse that it was a dare. Sadly, there wasn't any thrill because my interest for them had already disappeared overnight.
In any case, my head was still aching as much as my throat. It was really a miracle I managed to get out of the room and drag myself to the foodcourt to slack like the previous day. Didn't eat anything because my appetite was ruined by my lovely cousins who were MUCH younger than me.. say primary school? They were eating some dessert, which had these colorful jelly things as toppings. The sick part is, the jelly things had tails which made them bear an uncanny resemblance to a tadpole like thing all guys possess. And as fate would have it, there was a red bean on the table. I guess you people should know what was going to happen next if you were me. In a blink of an eye, there was a mass of those jelly things crowding round the bean... argh.
After slacking away for 2 hours at the foodcourt, we went to kbox at lot 1 in choa chu kang. Sang for a good 5 hours, or should I say sang for an hour, and screamed for 4 hours? In any case, my cousins and I got super high in kbox, and started jumping up and down on the sofa till those sickening attendants had to keep an eye on us to make sure that we remained seated. All of us lost our voices in the end obviously hence shortly after all of us went home to rest after a long day out. Tried to call Nilawan since she wanted to know how I got the guy's contact but she wasn't at home, but I guess she'll know after reading this post. I don't think I'll have anymore voice left tomorrow, poor me! In the background, my mom is nagging away about me spending money for losing my voice, ack!
Ok, got to go now or else my mom will nag some more, til then, signing out!
Friday, December 29, 2006
it's 11:35 PM.
