<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7661030?origin\x3dhttp://mymarionette-realityfied.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, December 17, 2006
it's 1:03 AM.

Listening to: Give It Up To Me - Sean Paul ft. Keisha Cole


I'm DEAD tired after the whole Cosplay event at Expo, and came back at around 9pm after dinner. For one thing I was sure of, I'm not going to look very nice in the photos since I don't have a bleeding photogenic face! But in any case, there were fun moments, but majority of my time was spent in pain since I was getting blisters due to my overly sized boots.. >__<


I went to Kook's house at around 7.30am [I was supposed to be there at 7am actually] and obviously my hyper-active sweat glands were acting up again as they always do every morning when I go to school. Went to the hair salon first since they were supposed to style the wigs for us for $10. Well, I guess the hairdresser didn't really know to to gel hair in the first place, so I had to edit it myself [which totally defeats the purpose of going to the hairdresser in the first place]. It was a pretty mad rush since there were stuff which were not completed yet. While Kook was busying herself with her talisman, I had to paste the shoe cuffs on the boots, which was pretty tough since the safety pins were super sharp [I poked my finger and of course it bled like hell] and the needle part kept bending since rubber was pretty hard to pierce through. We also had to fix the hat since it totally looked like a plate from the back.. XD


So anyway, was running here and there around Kook's house because it was past the time we were supposed to leave for Expo. Obviously we were panicking like crap, so Kook booked a taxi first while I continued fretting over the uncompleted and slightly-messed-up stuff.


We finally left for Expo, but not in the taxi we booked. Somehow, because we were late, the taxi we booked was nowhere to be found. Hence, since there was another taxi waiting there for no good reason, we boarded it. Was fixing the wig, as well as the hat, in the taxi. Had a problem with the boots because it kept making the socks I was wearing go up.. BAHH!


When we finally reached Expo, we were greeted with weird expressions from passer-bys, as well as a mob of people queueing for some crappy event. There were SO many goodlooking guys queueing there!! [Yes, my face was thrown into the dustbin at the very instant] Thus, Kookie and me hurried our footsteps towards Hall 2, which was VERY far away from where we were at that point of time [We were at Hall 6]. No cosplayers were in sight, AT ALL!!


In any case, we gave a sigh of relief when we finally saw cosplayers as we were nearing Hall 2, and slowly, our confidence was restored! Went up to the 2nd floor to look for the booth, and registered at the counter. Both of us paid a good $12 entrance fees, and thank God there were door gifts [If not I think the $12 forked out was for nothing]. Kook's friends from her Manga class came too, and they were all dressed up in their Final Fantasy 13 Agito costumes. There was one girl called Angeline who really had a Tifa face, in other words she was really pretty!! At first glance, I thought she was like, 17 or 18 years old. But the shocking news was that, she's 1 year my junior!! Like, WTH?! Took like 5 minutes to recover from the shock which almost gave me a stroke.. LOLX.


Issac and Stanley came at 11+am to support us!! It was pretty nice, since they actualyly bothered to get their arses out of the house and fork out a dear $12 to see just a handful of cosplayers [Well, they left at 12.36pm because they were bored, and the good cosplayers only streamed in after 2pm]. But nevertheless, I wouldn't say I was touched or anything since cold-blooded finny doesn't feel for anybody, lmao. Grace and Yen Yee came slightly later to support us too! Posed for several snapshots for them in gratitude before they left to take photos of other people. Oh, Victoria, Jian Ru, and Kai Ting came along too, but not to support us of course. They went there to set up their own booth, so yeah. Oh, did I mention that Issac dyed his hair? Well, yupx, it was some reddish brown color which was pretty obvious.


Lots of time was wasted on styling the wig on my head since the gel up part was flattening, and Stanley remarked that the wig was like grass, lolx! So anyway, Issac was pressing the wig down in place, and I think most of my brain cells were killed if there were any left after O Levels. In the end, they used water from my water bottle to remove the gel from the wig by dipping their fingers into my tupperware!! So obviously I went without water the whole day.. *sobs while hearing someone yell that finny doesn't drink water in the first place*


Posed a few poses with Kookie and her Manga people, which was pretty fun at first. However, I got pretty tired after plastering smiles on my face and standing in a fixed position for minutes. So when more and more people told us to pose, it was more of being obliged to pose than feeling all enthusiastic about it.


NO ONE was goodlooking. The only good stuff I saw there were nice guy figures with muscles in the right place, BUT the bad points were, they were too fair and only had slightly below average looks!!!


The only two I actually showed special attention to initially was some topless guy from DOC [whichever game it is] and Mori-senpai from Ouran High School Host Club. But they weren't exactly really super. They were just some of the better looking few in the whole event.


Went to see the competitions held inside the room behind the booth. I guess I really liked the performance done by the DOC group. The timing and everything was like, WHOA!! Yeah well, it was a superb performance, and I think the best out of all the others done so far. I'm not sure if they won anything, but if I was the one handling the votes [the verdict depended on the number of votes], I would have rigged it so that the group would win! Well anyway, the topless guy I mentioned was from that group, and his acting was pretty hilarious because he did that 'Muahahahaha' laughter a few times, and ended the whole thing with a fake fart, which ultimately defeated the hero in the end.. LOLX! Mori-senpai was also doing a performance with his group, which wasn't as good as the DOC group because.. KAORU AND HIKARU WEREN'T INCLUDED!!!!!


It was at 4.30pm when I realised I left my slippers at Kookie's house!! So well, it meant that I had to go home with my pretty messed up Sakura boots in which the pink paint was peeling like God-knows-what. Posed a few more times for people, blah blah, and changed out at around 5.30pm.


Felt slightly left out since the Kookie mostly hanged around with her manga people and all, and I had to fake a few smiles to assure her that I was okay around her people. They were pretty nice though, not that they actually abused me or anything. Well even if they did abuse me, I'm sure they would end up pretty much more abused than me.


My mom then called to ask if I could manage with all the stuff I had to bring back home, in which I was quite touched by her actions when she actually agreed to come down all the way from dover to Expo to bring me my sandals. Guess I really should be grateful to God for giving me such a great mom! Of course I didn't show outwardly that I was touched, like duh as usual, but I guess she understood like all mothers do.


Left for the MRT station alone since Kook and her people were having dinner together. Obviously I wasn't going to torture myself for another 2 hours, so I hurriedly made my escape. Felt pretty stupid carrying a dumb staff and wearing a badly painted pair of boots to the station, but somehow all that awkwardness disappeared as soon as I saw my mom at the station. In any case, I vow never to go to Expo again because it was so big that I couldn't find my way to the MRT station! Well, that day, I walked from Hall 2 to Hall 9 ina bid to fond the station, but somehow turned back instinctively since I had a bad feeling the station was anywhere further ahead. Finally found it, and it so happened that the stationwas actually beside Hall 6, and NOT in front of it. *curses*


Had dinner with my mom later, blahdiblah. Couldn't wait to get home and have a hot shower [hot as in with the steam and all that], and sinking into my nice comfortable bed. Dozed off unknowingly, however, before I bathed because I was too tired by the time I reached home. Took a great amount of energy typing this long report on Cosfest, so yupx, gtg sleep le.. Nitex!

randomly defined.


archives.


shut up.


thankyous.