Listening to: Puppet - Milk
Woke up early today, only to be dismayed by the sight of rain clouds which occupied the entire sky. Pray twice by the window for a hot sunny afternoon with no rain, but the prayer requests wasnt't fully fulfilled. I bet some stupid kid is praying for rain so that he can skip some crappy school activity. *curses*
Anyway, Nilawan couldn't go, and Kook pang sehed me. Hence I was the only girl among the 3 guys who came along [Benjamin, Issac, and Stanley]. Well, I guess it wasn't so bad since they were more like sisters instead of guy friends. In any case, I wore shoes since I thought Kook would be coming along to bring me my slippers.. blegh. Was late as usual, but was VERY surprised that Issac was the first to arrive!! Yes, it was VERY shocking since he always arrives 'fashionably' late. In any case, I took the train behind theirs since I told them to leave without me while hoping they would actually wait patiently.
They stopped at City Hall nevertheless and boarded my train since I didn't want to travel alone in the cold MRT. Yes it was cold because it was raining, or going to rain. The bad thing is, they were at the head, and I was at the arse of train. Hence, I had to alight from the train, and make a dash for the head before the door closed, which I think appeared to look stupid to passer-bys. So we travelled to Bedok, and for most parts of the journey, the guys were talking stuff which didn't make much sense to me.. LOLX! However, it was still much better than hanging out mith Kook's people who really talked about stuff which didn't make ANY sense to me.
The rain clouds were still there when we reached, but we still went ahead with our cycling plans. We went to McDonalds first since Issac complained at don't-know-which point-of-time that he was hungry. Didn't bring much money with me unfortunately, so I shamelessly grabbed the fries Benjamin and Issac bought, as well as a bit of hashbrown Stanley bought later. Obviously when it came to the eating issue, I was as usual being tormented by the question of whether there was saliva on the food or not. Gossiped slightly about the dangers of having online relationships and someone we know who is, or may be in future, involved in one such case. Then Benjamin and Stanley were commenting on Issac's handphone, which when you pressed this button, the phone flips open. So the guys came out with a lame online action.. '*Stanley flips open Issac's handphone and slaps -someone-*' Wth.
Took 197 to East Coast Park after our brunch, and was slighly dampened by the the slight drizzle. Rented bikes from a nearby bicycle shop, which unlike what Nilawan said [she said the bike rental was $6 for 2 hours], was $5 [for me and Stanley since we were tandeming as siblings] for 5 hours, and $8 for the other two. The tandem bike really had a big problem because it kept having some weird noise. No, it wasn't possessed or anything like that. Stanley said it was because we were cycling at different speeds, but I highly doubted that since according to my years of tandeming experience [or leeching in their terms], it was the first time I had this problem.
So anyway, it was super competitive at the first part, where it was like a lorry versus two flimsy motorbikes. The 'race course' was from the bicycle shop all the way to the end of East Cost Park, and me and Stanley won!! Well basically we won because Issac's bicycle gave up on him halfway [the chain/gear was cranky] and it was Benjamin to the rescue!! We cycled back later to McDonalds, still on competitive mode of course, but this time Benjamin and Issac won, so I guess we're all quits? The track was REALLY muddy, and when we came to puddles, we had to slow down and slowly ride across it.. LOLX. The bad thing is, almost 70% of the track was muddy and full of puddles.
After a break at McDonalds where Benjamin was playing some game on his really cool handphone, we continued our cycling thingy, this time on leisure mode and to the other end of East Coast Park. While cycling, we played some lame riddle game, when Stanley and I had to guess the next answer to a set question by Benjamin. I so seemed that it was a new evolved version for the 'MRT line' game. Cycled back and forth while guessing, and gave ultimately when we stopped at 7 eleven because it started to rain. Thanks to Issac's overflowing brain juice which seems to be his source of creativity *sarcastic*, I had to say "I'm a slave to stupidity" loud enough for 10 people to hear for Benjamin to reveal the answer.
It was a DAMN BLEEDIN' IDIOTIC answer!! Strangled Benjamin for a few seconds since I don't want to be sent to jail for murder. After slacking off for a few more minutes, the rain finally lightened a little, and we cycled for a bit more before returning our bicycles. Basically, it was REALLY a bad day to cycle because the rain was really unpredictable. But it was nevertheless pretty fun!! [I got blank stares from the guys when I said that]
The whole day was entertaining, and I don't really regret much for spending my time at East Coast Park despite the bad weather. The fun parts were the times when we were crashing against one another's wheels, and when Stanley was making sharp turns without signals which almost cause a mega crash with Benjamin [who skidded like crap] and a slight crash with Issac who amazingly braked 1 cm away from the tandem bicycle. Wore my beret on my way back because the rain really ruined my hair, and it was also to prevent most of the rain from getting to my head [It's some sort of weakness that when rain gets to my head, I'll fall sick the next day]
The trip back in the MRT was pretty much okay, where the guys were still talking about unknown stuff. Like when we were travelling back to the bus stop in the rain, they were talking about francs and euros, and some other currency. Then Benjamin started the topic about Casino Royale, which he watched in Maaysia, and comented that the version he saw was cut and censored. The idiotic part was that, Issac had to comment loudly back that the version he saw in Malaysia was uncut and uncensored, and that the sex part was "so long". Of course, since we were in the MRT which was very crowded, we attracted a lot of uneccessary attention. As a result, I had to lower my beret in order not to expose my face too much. As if he hadn't lost all his face,he had to go and step on a lady's shoe which he didn't realise for a few minutes until she had to snap at him.
Benjamin and Stanley had to call him John/Jonathan loudly [and sarcastically] so as to help him save a little face for himself.. Lolx! And we had to add on by saying he stayed in Changi or some other ulu part of Singapore! Yeah, so the whole journey was super funny joking here and there, and it pretty much ended when Issac and I got off at Dover while the other two stayed on the train. Munched on the Pringles he bought while waiting for the bus. Got on bus 74 first while he continued waiting for his bus, and yupx, that pretty much ended the whole event for the day.
So I'm currently at home, typing all this stuff while my mom nags in the background about her not bothering about me if I fall sick tomorrow. Oh wells, I gtg now, signing off!
Monday, December 18, 2006
it's 11:28 PM.
