Listening to: I Can't Say - YUI
Mr Chan was yakking non-stop in the background. Sitting in the relatively wide Biology Practical Room beside Cheryl and Grace, I opened my book in front of me on the grey-dotted table. It was sunny, or so it would appear. We started a chatter of our own. Mr Chan's voice blurred. Then came a piercing wail which reverberated throughout the room. We joked about it.
"Hey Grace, the ambulance from IMH is coming to pick you up!", I said.
We laughed somemore, and continued on with our previous conversation.
The next period was recess, where classes 6E & 6F had just finished their PE lesson. I was vaguely told that 'she' had a fit, and was sent to the hospital after which. I actually joked about it. 'She' wasn't okay from the start when I first knew 'her', and time to time 'she' joked about 'her' dying soon when we talked about our future. Despite all that, the news came across as shock to me. The voices around me drowned in my ears.
Mr Ow came to my classroom after recess. I sat remotely quiet at my seat till he called my name. Mechanically. I followed him down to find Swee, where he spoke emotionlessly that 'she' had some complications. I called out to Swee who was somewhere at the back having a fun time of her own with her classmates. We continued following him to the lecture theatre where we were greeted with sobs, and occasional sniffs and coughs.
A sour sensation filled my nose. My vision blurred immediately. It was like a Korean drama which I never expected to experience first-hand. Whatever happened after that during the day was, but just a blur.
I dreamt of this yesterday. Before that, I dreamt of 'her' all healthy once again, but there was not much conversation between us. I wished it was really her, and not part of my imagination. 3 years have passed, but I haven't seemed to have gotten over it yet. I need a shrink.
In any case, this post is specially dedicated to Dory, my record-breaking 6 years confidante and best friend. Hope you're enjoying a pink of health up there in heaven. Happy 3rd Year Death Anniversary, Dory! Finny loves you! [ack, i don't think i'm supposed to use a happy tone in the previous statements, but heck.]
Saturday, August 25, 2007
it's 8:41 AM.
