Listening to: You Set Me Free - Michelle Branch
I went to Kai Xian's house yesterday after school since we ended around 45 minutes early. Mr Wangyal looked really dejected and disappointed because his lesson had to end early due to some PW teacher taking away our period classroom. HURMPH. Maybe we should ask for an extra GP lesson during the holidays so that he'll feel better.
Sheldon had hockey which started at around 4.30pm yesterday, and since he wanted to join the ongoing camp's activities to satisfy his OGL desire, he shooed me off. I bet he was thanking his stars when he saw Kai Xian at the bus stop along because he so happily pushed me to her and went on his way. BAH. But it was a blessing in disguise I think, because hanging out with Kai Xian was MUCH better than hanging out with him. *grins*
We took bus 99 to her place, and walked a VERY long distance to her house. Apparently there was a direct bus to her house, but it would mean us taking 2 buses, which was troublesome and a waste of precious moolah. I was constantly checking the ground for any crawling cockroaches since it was pouring - I mean they normally crawl around in the open void deck when it's raining desho? Thank goodness there was none. On the way, Kai Xian was telling me about a cockroach which she took a lift with. I continued the conversation with a lizard which I bathed with, as in it was on the ceiling watching me bathe. In any way, both stories were gross. I mean, how would you feel if a lizard from the ceiling plopped with a "plop" sound onto the floor while you were bathing, and because you had lizardphobia, you didn't dare to kill the lizard and continued with your bath fearfully while the lizard looks on? =X Stupid horny lizard.
Anyway, her house is very big! It wasn't a terrace or bungalow, but it's still considered pretty big. A flashback of my old maisonette flashed past, but oh wells, no point reflecting on old memories. Oh yeah, in the bus she was telling me that her house is vacuummed ONCE per month. In my house, my mom makes me vacuum AND mop the floor EVERYDAY. HAHA! So yupp, because she claimed her floor to be dusty, she let me wear house slippers. I've never worn house slippers before, so it's a pretty interesting experience. XD
She led me to her room, where toys filled her display cupboard above her bed, and many other stuff filled her drawers. If she had my mom, those stuff wouldn't be live past a day in the house. So in any case, I saw many photos from dance photos to neoprints! I think she looks younger now than compared to the past because she doesn't really wear specs now, which makes her look years younger. I came to a conclusion that wearing specs makes people look OLD, boo hoo. She showed many other stuff too, like her huge collection of library receipts, plastic bags, letters, candy/chocolate/nougat wrappers, and many more! I think she can open a flea market already. LOL.
After showing me around, she gave me 2 off-shoulder shirts and 2 pairs of lovely earrings! I wondered why she was giving them away because they were so pretty! YAYY. After trying the shirts, and cam-whoring in her room, we set off to IMM Giant which was like... directly in front of her house! Geez. Jurong Regional Library is like a walking distance from her house!! AHH!! Well, not that we were aunties or whatsoever, but we went there to grab ingredients to cook SPAGHETTI! I was slightly amused because she called macoroni 'screwdrivers'. Everything cost $11.66, which was really surprising because the normal ingredients I use for cooking spaghetti cost at least $35. Maybe it was because there was no beef involved these time, and the ingredients used were mostly canned food. The only fresh stuff were the broccoli and carrot.
I did the washing and chopping of vegetables, as well as cleaning up some mess. The ingredients used were broccoli and carrot, as mentioned earlier, and frozen/canned stuff like sausages, button mushrooms, clam chowder soup, and colorful macoroni. We had difficulty finding a can opener initially because apparently the one we found embedded in a clutter of things in the drawer was rusty, and she couldn't find the newer one. It's funny to see her shout for an inanimate object in hope that it would show iteself somehow. We soaked the rusty can opener in hot water when we gave up searching for the newer one, but when we least expected it, the newer one showed itself when Kai Xian opened the cupboard in front of us. Hee.
Finally we were done cooking! I skipped quite a lot of details because I'm still groggy after waking up. But yupp, we ended up cooking more macoroni than expected, so we left aside some for her brother and his girlfriend. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, we bought apple tea as well, and I was pronouncing it in different ways like 'Ap-plair-tee' since Kai Xian pronounces lemon tea as 'Ler-mawn-tee'. It's a nice phrase to irritate people I discovered. It's almost as irritating as my 'Sine cosine cosine sine sine sine cosine cosine' phrase. Pretty catchy eh? I came up with it while memorising the trigonometry formulas.
After lunch, we used the computer in the living room for a while. Oh yeah, before that, I was appalled when Kai Xian said that the broccoli remnants at the basin will disappear without us having to clean it up. O.O Okay, back to the story. We saw the PW OP videos of me, Yiting, her, and Leader. Then she was advising me to put in some emphasis in my speech or else it'll be like a bedtime story. She made me practise by reading some Raffles student's GP essay, which was apparently the top for the year. She commented that it was good. I think it's okay because I think Gamerbean's essay would easily pwn his. After which, we read Xiaxue's blog which was pretty amusing because her vocabulary of vulgarities is so limited. I think people who insult using vulgarities aren't commendable. People who use insults involving implied meanings are.
We then watched videos linked from her blog. Kai Xian pointed out that the newscasters in the video emphasise on some of their words while talking. I scrutinized their way of speaking. But anyway, those videos were pretty amusing. They were like reporting about sheeps being disguised as poodles and sold to naive Japanese. The latter can't really tell the difference because Japan doesn't have that many or any sheeps. XD
There were also videos on Xiaxue in person, and she calls the series 'Guide to Life'. I think it's humorous. It's like watching a dumb blonde. Just that she's Asian. Kai Xian commented that she wastes alot of money on unneccessay items. I agree. It's like, she buys stuff from ebay, meaning the goods are imported to Singapore from another country. It's a complete waste of money. For a few number of items, she spent almost $2000. In addition, because the imported watch she got was spoilt, she has to send it for repair, meaning send it back to the country to repair. Judging from the look of her room, and her mother's and brother's dressings, her family ain't rich. I wonder how she gets all the money, and a hot caucasian boyfriend with all her weird habits and stuff like that.
I think that poor guy deserves better.
Then again, caucasians don't deserve anything.
Oh yeah, from her blog, it seems that Kim Ah Joong, the actress who acted in 200 pounds beauty, is NOT natural! Meaning she had plastic surgery!! Without surgery, she would have looked exactly like the old Kang Hanna, except slightly skinnier. Oh I feel so cheated.
I left her place at around 6+pm when my mom started to spam my handphone with missed calls. She oh-so-kindly sent me off at the bus stop, where fortunately 105, a direct bus to my house, passes by! Unfortunately, it passed by before I reached the bus stop. We chatted abit more, and looked at all the videos I starred in from her phone. Oh there's a new video of Yiting where a water bottle mysteriously disappears! ROFL.
The bus came. I waved many times before getting on board the bus. On the way home, she smsed me that she wants a cc. aka cookies and cream, ice cream. Guess I shall buy her an ice cream waffle since she paid for all the ingredients.
Okay, I'm super tired. Shall go rest my eyes. BYE. :)
Saturday, October 20, 2007
it's 1:49 PM.
