First and foremost, A MILLION THANKS to the Hatters who came today [Charmaine, Christine, and Grace] and Cheryl who organized it but didn't come, because you babes really cheered me up a SUPER GREAT deal! YAYY. *gives big teletubby hugs* :))
I WAS PUNCTUAL TODAY. WOOHOO!! I was seriously shocked, in a good way, that I was the first to arrive at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station [and didn't get lost], and was PUNCTUAL as well!
Apparently, Cheryl the organizer couldn't come at the last minute because she had a fever. Aww, the poor girl.
Grace was, um... still at home when I reached because her mom ordered her to do the laundry before going out.
Christine came late. A long while after me that is. We thought she wasn't going to turn up actually because Grace couldn't reach her handphone and no one at home picked up the phone. In the end it turned out that her card had no more money left. T_T
Charmaine was at Plaza Singapura already, at some high-class [to me] shop called Dorothy Perkins. As expected, because high-class people tend to get attracted to high-class shops. So anyway, everything there was so highly priced larh! HAHA.
Went to Spotlight after that because Grace hadn't arrived yet, and we looked at so many pretty things! There were beads, paint, woodwork, ribbons... etc. SO MANY COLORS! I realized Charmaine tends to look at pastel colored objects like yellow heart buttons. Christine looks at almost everything, especially weird and wacky stuff like funky hats and masks. For me? I think I like looking at almost anything to do with needlework except sewing machines, and items sorted into their colors on shelves. XD
FINALLY Grace came, which was like 12.38pm, 1 hour and 52 minutes late. So we immediately headed for the Grand Cathay, which had like the best cinema seats I've known so far, and bought 4 tickets for the 1.40pm show of Enchanted. Because there was still an hour left to the show, we went to have lunch back at Plaza Singapura at PastaMania. I subconsciously ordered the creamy chicken linguine [I had no idea what I was thinking] and realized I'd adopted the habit of twirling my pasta on my spoon. Must remember to change back to my old habits and preferences. Yup.
The pasta was damn filling. I couldn't believe I didn't manage to finish it! AHH! MY $6.90!! Well we had to leave soon because it was already 1.35pm and the show was starting in 5 minutes time! So we rushed back to the Grand Cathay which was pretty unbearable under the hot sun, and hurried to our seat. I didn't know the cinema had so many special seats [aka couple seats]! There were like so many rows of it, whereas the cinemas at Jurong Point and WestMall only had 1 row of it. NO FAIR LA.
So anyway, I managed to get to the show in time! When we reached, though it was already lights' out, the advertisements had just ended. LUCKY US!
The show was just FANTASTIC! I SUPER loved it la! It was super funny and yet sweet at the same time. Maybe it's because I have a fetish for really happy endings. Not those usual happy endings where only the main leads get together, but the REALLY happy endings where the main leads, sub leads, and even subber leads live happily ever after. YAY. The bad point is, the man's head in front of me was sticking out, so I couldn't get a really good view of the screen. Other than that, the whole show was FABULOUS. SUPERB! The soundtrack was good. The plot was above average. The comedy elements were great!
I'm still dazzled by the happy ending. YAY. How I wish in reality, everyone will get their happy endings. Everyone will live happily ever after! :)) Oh yeah, and I just realized that the guy acting as Prince Edward is actually CYCLOPS from X-Men, you know the emo one who keeps pining for Jean? Yeah, that's the one. Shockingly this time, he changes from eMo freak to eGo idiot. LAWL.
And that song is still ringing in my head...
True Love's Kiss
Giselle: When you meet the someone who is meant for you
If were two can become one there's something you must do
Bunny: Do you pull each other's tails?
Bird: Do you feed each other seeds?
Giselle: No...
There is something sweeter everybody needs....
I've been dreaming of my true love's kiss
And a prince I'm hoping comes with this
That's what brings ever after rings, so happy
That's the reason we need lips so much
For lips are the only things that touch
So to spend the life of endless bliss
Just find who you love
The true love's kiss...
Ahh~ Ahh~ Ahh~
Animals: Ahh~ Ahh~ Ahh~
She's been dreaming of her true love's kiss
And a prince she's hoping comes with this
That's what brings ever after rings, so happy
That's the reason we need lips so much
For lips are the only things that touch
Giselle: So to spend the life of endless bliss
Just find who you love
Animals + Giselle: The true love's kiss...
Edward: You're the fairest maid I've ever met
You were made...
Giselle: To finish your duet
Edward + Giselle: And in years to come we'll ___ ___ ___
Edward: How we came to love
Giselle: And grew and grew love
Edward + Giselle: Since first we ___ ___ true love's kiss
Then after that we cam whored a little before seeing Charmaine off at City Hall since she had something else on, and Christine, Grace, and I still wanted to continue our outing at Bugis since she wanted to get a belt and a card for her 56 years old aunt, and I wanted to get a bag for my China trip.
We started at the "open air area but air-conditioned" place as quoted from Grace, which was basically Bugis Junction's ground floor. T_T So in any case, we shopped around, starting from Esprit and... okay, just Esprit. We figured that we wouldn't find any belts for Grace, so we went off to Bugis Street. YAY. My favorite shopping area. Yes, finny has started to shop around because my mother has finally realized that I'm old enough to shop for my own clothes. LOL.
I kept my eyes peeled for white bags, but not many caught my eye. There was this shop which sold this nice bag and had the number '69' on it. I didn't realize what was wrong until Christine highlighted the number, and I went, "OH. COLIN SEOW." ROFL.
Grace suggested going to the second floor because it was pretty crowded on the ground floor, we had no luck at the current level, and upstairs was air-conditioned. So off we went. We didn't really shop till we dropped there. In the end we ended up chatting in the cafe for 3 whole hours until 7pm. OMG right? And there we thought it was just 5+pm! Bad thing was, we hadn't gotten the bag, nor the belt, nor the card.
So since my case was more important since I will be leaving for China next week, we chionged to find a bag. Ironically, we went back to the ground floor, and found the almost-perfect bag. I typed 'almost' because it wasn't lime green, and that it was quite plain. But simple is nice desho?
Actually before we found the bag, we went to some shop opposite, where some bunny-shaped bag whacked Christine on the head. The shop attendant was like going, "Oh, the rabbit hit you. Later I hit it back for you." LMAO. After which, we went inside to check out the waterproof Zinc bags which were way inside, and the guy followed us, and randomly complimented Grace on miscellaneous stuff. It was like SO creepy la. Then he asked me something like, "You're not from Singapore ar? You don't look local." So when I said I was really local, he was like, "Don't joke la..." Argh, so gross! Okay, so it's not the first time people mentioned I don't look local *remembers the day I sent Christine off at the airport where the security guard asked if I was a Singaporean*, but I mean even though I insisted, he was still so... BUGGY. Yuck, I'm so freaked out la, can? On the way to the traffic light, Christine was saying that the guy was practically flirting with every one of us, which is like, WTH?! I'm going to get nightmares, no pun intended.
My mother was practically calling and bugging Grace's handphone the whole time. Aww, the poor girl... But I guess she could pretty much tolerate the vibrations [not that she was getting *ahem*] because at least she understands my situation. I LOVE MY TWIN. Okay, I love Christine too because though she was sleepy due to her knocking late from work last night, she still accompanied us till like, 8pm?
Yupp. That's pretty much the end of the day. I'm so happy I got a white bag for my stay at Hainan Dao because I heard it was like summer all year round, just that when it's winter in some parts of China, it gets a bit windy. But it's OKAY. *recalls the 'okay' sign I made to Christine when she mentioned the 6 years younger guy* I wanted to get that pirated Addidas jacket at Bugis Street at first, but Christine said it was like thinner than the original. 'Sides, we didn't even see the shop owner, so the price remained unknown. We could've practically just take and go! But we're Christians. We ain't supposed to do this kind of stuff. Now who suggested that we should take and go? No one, no one. *whistles casually*
Okay, I shall stop blogging for now. I'm really tired because I've been out since 10am to 8+pm. HAH. I feel so accomplished coming back home past 6.30pm!! Oh, the joy of freedom. The ecstasy.
Before I sign off, I shall post a poem which I thought of on my trip to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station this morning. XD
The Thief
You were stolen right under my nose
And what pained me was, my eyes weren't even closed!
As I sit by my table now and ponder
You're already far beyond yonder
I loved you from the depth of my heart
But you stung me like a poison dart
The lethal drug is killing me
I think the thief is saying, "Hee Hee!"
Oh, when will I e'er find solace
When you're e'er so far from this place
Come back, my mobile phone
My voice continues to drone.
