LIstening to: Treat Me Right - Backstreet Boys
This is a nice song from the newest album of Backstreet Boys, not forgetting 'Panic' which also my favourite song for this week. But anyway, in this post, I'm going to blog about my og outing yesterday! *hears a distant "YES!" from kai xian upon seeing a new updated post*
Anyway, yesterday was SUPER fun!! Well it may seem abit monotonous to you people out there since we did the same activity for 5 hours, yes 5 hours, but nevertheless it cheered me up a whole lot! I shall start with the start of the day.
Yesterday was Deepavali, in which I discovered it was a public holiday until the day itself. This meant that my mother would be at home, which would also mean I was obliged to keep her company there. Well luckily, she was going out as well to meet her in-the-past really close guy friend. And he wanted to meet me. Oh no oh no. Not that I was against him or something, in fact I even encouraged my mom to go for him since he was interested in her back then, but I guess it would be a little awkward.
So anyway, my mum agreed to let me go out because I promised her it would be the last time I would have fun outside before my re-examinations. Yes I passed with the help of God because I initially failed 3H2s and 1H1 for promos, but after moderation, I passed all 3H1s, and MIRACULOUSLY H2 Mathematics. I got a U-grade for H2 Economics, the subject I passed for 2 terms, and an S-grade for H2 Chemistry, the subject I failed for 2 terms. Well, the most miraculous one was Math actually because I failed it badly for 2 terms, and I was supposed to get a C-grade for promos to pass. However I got 33 marks for promos, which obviously is a U-grade. So what heck. I jumped 4 friggin' grades!!
Back to the story. I took a train to Dhoby Ghaut from Dover, and felt like everyone was staring at me. Maybe because I was wearing a long sheer purple blouse? Oh no. So I boarded the train at around 10:50am when I'm suppoed to be there at 11am. Well I'm usually late, so no worries. The train was crowded, very, because it was Deepavali. This is NOT a racist remark so Blogger had better not ban this, and the police had better not take me to court or else I shall change my ambition and let them lose out on one potential talent. "...im halfway out the door, unless you turn around and treat me right~" Oh no, the song is getting to my head. Well I repeated 'Treat Me Right' throughout the whole journey because it was a nice song, and that I had just 'planted' it in my computer the previous day. Downloading is bad.
So when I reached Dhoby Ghaut, I wasn't lost technically. Ruth called and told me to go to the red line, which I already was at, but I didn't realise it myself. So I thought I was lost and started walking everywhere searching for the red line. In the end when I came up to the ticketing machines for the third time, I finally spotted them behind the customer service office. LOL. Well I reached at around 11:10 actually, but I spent 5 minutes walking around. Not that late after all, HAH. But the rest were giving me the u-are-a-noob aura because I was sortof lost in the MRT station because I couldn't distinguish which was the purple and red line. Bad bad Sin hoe kept saying "Please stand behind the purple line" on the escalator because of that, and because I was wearing purple as well
I was basically the last person to come for the 'morning shift' anyway [I'll elaborate on that later]. Lingering around there was a small group of people - Ruth, Samuel, Ser Hui, Sin Hoe, William, and Xin Jie. We wasted precious time calling people but I guess they didn't pick up the phone so we went off without them. We went to Yoshinoya for lunch, where Sin hoe kept talking lamely about the fillet [a similar-sounding word to fin-neh, again a somewhat slang created by xing lu for finny] at Long John Silver. I got 2 onigiris and a coleslaw because I was trying to lose weight, while the rest got rice and some other meat. Ruth and Xin Jie got this new drink called 'Fizzy Jelly', which was basically coke with lime, and chin cao with the syrup. It tastes 'SUPER'. Really.
Well because no one wanted it, we played the "zhong ji mi ma" game, the one which was like someone comes up with a number and the others guess it, and the person who guesses it right forfeits. Xin Jie was the only lucky one who didn't get to ddrink it. Well actually he did drink abit because he was the one who bought it. Lol.
After lunch, we went to Hotel Meridien to play pool, something which I haven't been close to before. Okay maybe I did at some country club, but I didn't play, so not counted. So in any case, we hogged two tables since 6 people with only 1 table would be too crowded [well there were 6 left because Ruth had to leave after lunch].
I learnt 3 things while playing pool:
1. Harpoon style
2. Victory Hand Style
3. Freeball Technique
Not knowing how to hold the stick, I used the Harpoon Style, in other words, I held it like a javelin stick. So Sin Hoe taught me how to hold the stick, and introduced the Victory Hand Style! 'Cause basically you need to have a stable hand to support the stick, so the VHS meant resting the end of the stick in between the 2 fingers holding up the victory sign, an efficient method for beginners.
My 'stance' was also wrong, so everyone kept telling me to bend and stick my butt out, which felt so indecent! But I kindof got used to it because everyone was doing the same. So at first my table had Samuel, Ser Hui, Sin Hoe, and me, while William and Xin Jie played at the other table. The game on my side went on pretty slow because I was a complete noob. HAHA. Everyone was like, "You hit the ball can already". Oh no! So upsetting! Then William kept looking over, which I suspect was because he wanted to see how noobish I was. HMPH! But I think later he taught me a more pro style because he couldn't stand my noobishness using the VHS. XD
I went over to Xin Jie's table because William chased me away. But the game was quite okay because Xin Jie kept giving way. It was like, whenever I hit wrong angle, he would put back the balls and tell me to restart again. Also during the game, he gave quite a bit of pointers and advice on where the white ball should hit. Oh yeah, talking about Xin Jie, BON VOYAGE!! Haha, so out of point.
Well over at the other side, it seemed that there was a new style - "The Legendary Black Ball", in which I learnt later that it was letting the black and white ball go into the hole at the same time. So when my game with Xin Jie ended, Sin Hoe replaced me and I was back at the 4-people table! But because I was so noob, no one wanted me on their side. Oh no, so sad! But in any case, I had my share of fun because we were laughing like mad 4/5 of the time. It was then when I learnt the Freeball Technique! Freeball, for those who have yet to play pool, is like a forfeit when a player doesn't hit any ball or when the hitting ball goes into the hole, and the opponent get a 'Freeball' in which he can place the hitting ball anywhere he wants.
William kept calling me 'Freeball' in a somewhat high-pitch voice because I giving away freeballs. BAHH! Poor Samuel was my partner for quite a few rounds, and I guess my freeball aura spreaded to him. So in the end, William called my group 'Team Freeball'. Oh no, so sad right? So practically no one wanted to be in my group. But its not as if we didn't win or anything. We did win some rounds, but could have done better without giving away freeballs. Lol. Before long, there were curses everywhere because William took the chalk and 'cursed' the holes by drawing crosses. William was my team mate for some rounds [serves him right] but I don't think he was that affected by my aura. XD Surprisingly, he was quite good I think. Well better than me at least. He then mentioned F.B.I., which was Freeball Institution in short, in which I could be the manager for it. LOL.
I think pool is more complex than what I had thought it to be. Because it's like you have to aim, plus you have to figure out waht to aim at. So yupp. All in all, the outing was really fun! But the price was like, OH NO. The total amount we accumulated was like $104.40 because we played for 5 hours straight. Crazy right? I've come to a conclusion that if you wanna play pool and master it, you have to be rich. Otherwise you have to get a really fire-tolerant pocket.
After we left, I checked my handphone, to which I was appalled thet my mom called 18 times. Oh no. But thankfully I didn't get into deep shit, hehe. We lingered around at the MRT station because Kee Seng, Shijie, and Xing Lu were coming. While waiting, we took many photos of the same pose. Why? Because we're noob camwhorers. HAH. In the end we 'punished' the late comers to take our photo. XD
The last person I saw who came for the 'night shift' was Shijie, who was at Jurong West and went to Harbourfront before coming to Dhoby Ghaut. By the time she took our photo, Ser Hui, Sin Hoe, and me fled to the platform because it was super late. Xin Jie left earlier after Xing Lu came to take our photo because his parents were waiting for him at Habourfront. I bet a million bucks that William was ogling at Shijie because she was wearing quite little.
On the way home, Ser Hui and Sin Hoe were talking about their night cycling trip during their class chalet. Sin Hoe talked about his experience as the last biker, and he siad something about feeling that he shouldn't look back. Oh no. So scary! I was so freaked out by his story that I held on to my cross until I reached home safely. Thank God.
After I reached home, I was completely energyless. I quickly took a long shower, ate my dinner, and watched my television shows before sinking into my soft bed and entering slumberland. Oh, speaking about sleep, I remember Samuel saying something about stuff we were going to mutter in our sleep. He said William was going to repeatedly mutter "FREEBALL!", in which his parents would be worrying about what he had done in the day. I was supposedly supposed to mutter "Oh oh oh oh!" because I said that whenever the opponents ball was nearing the hole. HAH. Wonder what my mom would think if she heard that.
Nothing else to blog about I guess. I spent so much time blogging! Oh no! Anyway, I shall go back to my books because I have re-examinations coming up, and that some time will be spent playing host to Kai Xian who will be coming over to kill time. Lol. Signing off!
Friday, November 09, 2007
it's 12:33 PM.
