<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7661030?origin\x3dhttp://mymarionette-realityfied.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
it's 10:53 AM.

Listening to: You Can Let Go - Backstreet Boys


YAY. I'M FINALLY BACK FROM CHINA~! Well actually I didn't want to come back so fast because China was like... WOOHOO! I boarded the plane at 12.05am in China and reached Singapore at around 6.25am today. I didn't sleep. As a matter of fact, I downed 2 movies [Stardust and High School Musical 2] and 2 half movies [I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, and Attack on the Pin-Up Boys] at one go. Well the reason why I watched 2 half movies was because I watched the former halfway on my first flight to China. I watched the latter halfway because there was not enough time. XD

I tore a letter when I got home. It wasn't mine anyway. LOL. Okay, maybe it was mine, but... argh, it's complicated to explain here. Why did I do that? Beats me. 'Cause I was too tired I guess, and was a little under the weather, so I tore it up and threw the pieces into the bin. I guess one doesn't always get to know the truth desho? Or maybe it wasn't necessary. Hmm.

This China trip was somewhat fulfilling. I've reverted to my flower-idiot self [you can ask my cousin if you don't believe], which is a good thing! I worried alot when I couldn't revert back before this trip, but thank God, I DID IT! Ok, not THAT 'it', but... you get the drift. So anyway, the China guys there were average. Not ugly until disfigured like that, but also not handsome until look like Jesse McCartney. I would seriously DIE if there was a chinese Jesse McCartney lookalike, SERIOUSLY! AHHHHHHHHHH!! I can go crazy just by the mere thought of it. I'm retarded.

A brief introduction of my trip. We [Granny, Uncle Johnson, Aunt Dawn, Aunt Wee Leng, Aunt Dorcas, Third Aunt, Brenda, Charisse, Jonathan, my mom, and ME] spent 4 days in Beijing, followed by 3 days in Sanya [some part of Hainandao], and back to Beijing for another 4 days again because there's a direct flight available back to Singapore. I took like, 100+ photos using my brother-in-law's digital camera, but he suddenly said he didn't have the cable. T_T How? I also don't know. LOL.

Anyway in Beijing, it was like colder than LT5 with my long john on! Okay, so it was like zero degrees, but I had so many layers on! Well we stayed in this Moon River hotel for the first 4 days, and somewhere near the door, there was this talking bird. No it's not a parrot. It looks like some crow, except more refined and classier. And it can say stuff like "Ni Hao", "Aiyo", "Wei", "Na Ge Na Ge", "Na Huier", some handphone ringing sound... etc. Very talented hor?? Every morning we would spend like half an hour saying "Ni Hao"s to it because it was so KAWAII!!

The 1st 4 days in Beijing was UTTERLY boring. REALLY. We went to places like the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, and other historical places to take photos and immerse ourselves in the rich history of China. PUI. The only things I did there were camwhore and camwhore AND camwhore again. The place I enjoyed abit was the Great Wall of China because it was DAMN HIGH, and DAMN FUN to climb and sweat out some calories. It was strange because when you climb, you'll sweat. But when you stop, you'll freeze like freezer. Queer huh?

We then flew to Sanya by this Hainan Airlines because unfortunately SIA is so stingy that it doesn't want to offer within-china-boundaries flights. Hence we all took this small airplane thing which looked pretty rundown to me. The others shockingly said it was okay. Maybe it's because I've only flown in one kind of airline - SIA. The ride was HORRIBLE. It was so shaky I could feel my lungs coming out. Not to mention, the food was horrible as well. Though they served beef, it still wasn't nice because... it wasn't nice at all.

Thank God it was a pretty short flight. We got off the plane and were fetched by some people from the Holiday Inn, the second hotel we stayed in. It was okay I guess. The pillow was softer, but in terms of furnishing and location, Moon River pwned it because it had a bay window which overlooks a lovely duck pond. The scenery in Sanya isn't that great because it's still developing. Like a toddler trying to take its first steps. So anyway, the weather there was like Singapore's weather, except cooler and more windy since it's surrounded by waters. We didn't do much on the first day because we reached pretty late, so our itinerary started on the second day at some water theme park.

I would've gone diving if my 'Da Yi Ma' hadn't come, but sadly it did. Hence I had to take this pathetic submarine ride which only lets you see 3 miserable kinds of fish. SO WASTE MONEY LA. The instructors didn't look too bad there anyway because they had the abs, and tanned skin tone, and distinct features. The only turn-off part was that, they don't know how to speak English. T_T It was a turn-off because they kept asking me to translate their programs in English, and spent like God-knows-how-many-minutes trying to pronounce my name correctly. BLAH.

After the theme park, we went to a hairdressers' salon for a hair/full body massage. I chose the hair massage because the guys upstairs [full body massage was on the second floor] looked exceptionally psycho and pervertic, and they kept grinning like Cheshire cats, so that created a creepy effect. Aww. I miss that guy hairdresser back in Ningbo!! The hair massage was average, partly because a girl was massaging me, and there were no eye candy around. NONE. NADA. ZILCH! But oh wells. When my hair was done, it felt so silky that I got that after-Kang-Hanna-metamorphosis feeling. So being retarded, I started singing that 'Maria' song with my cousin out loud until a bunch of REAL koreans came in, to which they kept looking back at us because we kept shouting "Ahnyung haseyo!" and "Oppa! Sarangne!" behind them.

In any case, we went to some Lee Village the next day, but without my mother because she fell sick. I think that was the place where I had the most fun because they had so many games and so many walking trails up the mountain! I guess it was exciting because there was this fear of poisonous snakes and mountain leeches dropping on us. Gosh, I sound sadistic. Well anyway, we got pretty much alot of attention because we were like bananas, outside yellow like Chinese, but inside white like Caucasian because we always speak in English. HAH. Oh, I took this flying fox thing for the first time there, and it was like WHOO!! It was really spectacular because you could see the dense forest beneath you and the vast blue sky above, and the wind just blows against your face. Yeah, it was really good.

Ok, enough about Sanya. We flew back to Beijing on the same airline, serving the same beef as before. I think I took a photo to show my disgust at their celery and powdery ham salad. Anyway, by the time we reached Beijing, the temperature dropped to a negative reading, so it was like SUPER cold. This time we checked into Swissotel, a five-star hotel like the one at Raffles Place. It was like, ZOMGWTHBBQ!!! In a good way that is. That's because the furnishings were like really grand, and our rooms were like, WHOA. Unlike our previous hotel stays, that was no longer a regular hotel room, but rather a service apartment! It's like the size of a hotel room multiplied by three for just my mother and me. So it was like SHIOK! That's why I couldn't bear to leave China, or rather the hotel.

I must say, HBO, Cinemax, and Star World were my best companions at night because my mother went over to the other room to join the other aunties for coffee at around 11pm-1am, leaving me all alone. But I think its a blessing in disguise because there were so many nice movies showing! Oh I forgot to mention that Holiday Inn offered Cartoon Network!! Well that was the only hotel which offered that so yeah. So in any case, our last few days in Beijing were spent on somemore sightseeing of the Bird Nest Stadium, the Egg shape building, and some building which looked like some silicon chip.

The best part was the shopping because everything were all so cheap!! In total I bought 2 pairs of shades [1 Burberry and the other brandless], 2 handbags [1 Chloe and the other Juicy Couture], 1 Addidas sweater to fight the cold in LT5, and 1 pair of Puma sports shoes. I'm so happy I could gouge out someone's eyeball, blend it in a machine, and fry steak with the blended sauce. YUM.

Okay, I'm being pressured by Kai Xian to type faster. LOL. Shall sign off now I guess 'cause I'm sleepy. There's a Taekwondo camp tomorrow at some Pasir Ris Holiday Inn. Argh. So sian. Shall rest my eyes now. ADIEU~! :)

randomly defined.


archives.


shut up.


thankyous.