<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7661030?origin\x3dhttp://mymarionette-realityfied.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, January 20, 2008
it's 12:30 AM.

Listening to: Run It Back Again - Corbin Bleu


Okay, shall blog about yesterday before getting down to doing my homework.

I went for Taekwondo practice yesterday which started at 8a.m. but I turned up late as usual. =X But anyhow, that was the first time I trained belt pattern until want to die. I think we spent like 3+ hours doing the same thing over and over and over again till we memorised the whole pattern by heart. Did I mention I was doing a black belt pattern for the upcoming competition? Not the pattern from brown belt to black, but from black belt 1st dan to 2nd dan. *gawks*

We ended at around 12p.m. but because I had to wait for my mom to knock off so we could get a coffee table from IKEA, I decided to finish up my Economics case study in the canteen. Surprisingly, it was totally empty. Last time whenever I went back on Saturdays, there were ALWAYS people there. Hmm. Maybe next time I shall bring my homework to school on Saturdays so I can finish them up after Taekwondo practice...

So anyway, I went to IKEA by bus 198, and the journey took a sweet 45 minutes. No sarcasm there; I quite like long bus journeys. :)) In any case, my mom was LATE. When I reached IKEA, she was still at Orchard, which was a bad thing because Orchard is quite far away, PLUS that area is always polluted with traffic jams on weekends. GRR. So in the end I ended up walking around IKEA aimlessly, trying to look quite interested in homely furniture and showrooms. I think people would've thought I was spastic because no teenager with a normal mind would go to IKEA alone and in half uniform just to look at sofas and dining tables. ARGH.

Skip the details. When my mom reached, she said she got lost in IKEA and said she couldn't find the 2nd floor entrance. I said to her 3 times to just take the escalator up. Is it that difficult to comprehend my words? And 'sides, it isn't her first time coming to IKEA. Okay, I sound like a complete brattish brat. After an hour of browsing, we finally got this black coffee table from the self-serve area, and 2 GREEN cushions. YAY.

I think Burger King's mushroom swiss burger is MUCH better than KFC's shroom burger. In fact, it IS better. I know that because I finally got to eat it for lunch! *big grins*

And finally the picture part. My mom went to sleep while I assembled the table straight after reaching home. I didn't want her to help because, I like fixing stuff myself. :))


The table in packaged form.. Don't you just feel excited when you have something to assemble? :))


This is one corner of the flipside of the table top.


Step 1: Put the circular thing in the hole. Okay, that sounds sick... =X


Step 2: Screw the circular thing in place. Crap, I can't stop laughing while typing this...


Step 3: Marvel at your wonderful work, and later realise you have to repeat the same process 3 more times since the table has four corners.


Step 4: Marvel at your work once again after repeating the same process 3 more times. :))


Step 5: Admire the larger screw.


Step 6: Screw it in into the bigger hole. XD


Step 7: Repeat the same process 3 more times and admire your work.

Step 8: Hammer in some long metal thing into the hole on each of the 4 table legs. [I forgot to take a picture for this step]


Step 9: Screw in the table legs. I had a tough time doing this step because when the table leg was screwed in at its maximum, it was at the wrong angle and needed to be turned some more. So yups, I had to power up and use all my energy and whatever to shift it to the right angle.


Step 10: Flip the table and insert another board in the middle, and finally marvel at your wonderful handiwork! :))

I felt ever so accomplished, but dead tired as well. Slept like a pig on the sofa till 9p.m. or so and decided to blog the previous entry. And then... the day ended like that. Yupp. Can't type further because I still have a gazillion homework to do, and I still have to prepare for Economics tuition which is starting later at 4.30p.m. Hope I get a friendly tutor! :))

randomly defined.


archives.


shut up.


thankyous.