<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7661030?origin\x3dhttp://mymarionette-realityfied.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, March 16, 2008
it's 6:48 PM.

Listening to: Love Letter - BoA


I went to this Min Jiang Restaurant today after church. Surprisingly it's just a 5 minutes walk from my house, and it has been there for 2 years already! For those who can't infer, today was the day I discovered its existence! Well I mean, my house is like quite ulu what, so why would there be a restaurant nearby? =X

Anyway, since I took quite abit of photos, I'll let them do the talking for me. :))


Looks like some haunted house yeah? I think it's because it's hidden behind all the trees and stuff that's why I didn't realise it was there all along. In any case, my mom said it was actually some Caucasian's bungalow house back in the colonel rule, so yupp. I won't be surprised if there were rumors of hauntings there. =X


Stairs leading to the restaurant.. I think it would look damn creepy at night. Eek.


This is the front entrance of the restaurant. Turned out it wasn't as rundown as what I had imagined earlier... Or maybe they did some cleaning-up the day before because my mom's colleague's daughter had her wedding dinner there last night. I think it would've looked pretty cool with candles and water features if there were any then. =D


A view from the table I was sitting at...


Photo of me, my nephew Kyvan, and my mom, taken by this senior waitress [or maybe she was the general manager or something]. They provided pretty good service in my opinion; it kinda reminded me of the nice treatment by those waitresses in China. Or maybe it was because we were the only ones there. =X


I think they had like four different menus - Main Courses, Drinks, Set Meals, and something else.


And I think this is really cute!! They provided us with these small chairs specially to put our handbags! :))


The first three dishes - Har Kau, Siew Mai, and a small pot of chicken with glass noodles soup!


The Siew Mai was heavenly!! The prawn was really fresh, and the whole thing wasn't overly cooked or super wet with condensation from the steaming. Well I highlighted this because unlike the normal ones you get from restaurants like Crystal Jade, these came with the whole prawn enveloped in meat and mushroom! Well the price was steeper though. I think Crystal Jade's cost $4.80, and this one costs $6. But I think it's worth the money larh, so yeah. :))


These are sweet and sour prawns. It's really nice, but I think there's still room for improvement? Like instead of just adding pineapples, they should add longans as well. WHEE.


Pork Chop. Not that impressive la, but it's still quite okay I think. The only special thing about this is that they had this fried onion ring with fresh onions in the middle. I'm not an onion-lover, but that particular side-dish tasted quite uinque. No intended sarcasm here. =D


I think the photo doesn't look appealing, but the dish is quite good! It's actually Kai Lan in crabmeat sauce. And when I say crabmeat, you can literally eat the crabmeat, and can even distinguish the parts which came from the pincers. WOOSH.


This is dessert!! It's vanilla ice-cream with mango sauce, and in the sauce were sago, pomelo, and mango cubes. Totally paradise man! I think I'm really going to grow fat or something, but who cares? XD


A photo with my nephew...


And a group photo again. :))


We left by the other entrance because it was nearer to our house... I quite like the idea of the brush strokes concept on the wall. Shall attempt to do something like that on my study room wall. =D


There were a few other bungalows in the area, but I particularly like this one for no apparent reason. When I grow up, I'm so going to get myself a bungalow with a garden at the backyard.


And a random shot of the trees in the vicinity... I like taking photos of trees!!

And this ends my post. The total bill came up to $121++, just for two persons [excluding my nephew because he can't eat alot unlike the gluttony me]. =D

Okay bye people!! Think I have to double my routine at the gym this week!! XD

randomly defined.


archives.


shut up.


thankyous.