Okay, I'm back from Miss Liang's [now known as Mrs Tan] wedding! And that means after the outing, my bath, dinner, and some stoning time. But I'll post up the pictures of today another day [sorry christine!] because I'm waiting for Charmaine and Cheryl to upload the pictures they took, then I can upload everything all in one neat post. =D
So what am I blogging about today? Read on.
Day One of Doll-Making Torture

Design of Mr Tan by Cheryl.

Design of Miss Liang by Cheryl again. :))
Day 1 wasn't that torturous because we didn't spend the whole day sewing. Instead I had classes on till 0930 before I met Christine at 12pm. And what did I do during that LONG time period? Play City Blox on Sin Hoe's handphone. LOL.
Anyway, we went to the wrong "mall" [well i was a shopping place but it's not like malls in orchard] in Chinatown. I mean, hey, we wouldn't have that much trouble if it was in Orchard yeah? You get the drift. And we spent like god-knows-how-many-hours trying to find the shop Cheryl recommended for cheap stuff. In the end we got fleeced at a shop in People's Park Complex/Centre [i forgot which one but it's the wrong mall in any case] because we had to cough up $6.20 for just a few beads and fake cloth flowers. ARGH. Oh yeah, and we had to walk through this SUPER SMELLY medicated lane while searching in the wrong place. TWICE. Well the lane was super stink because it wasn't just one medicated shop, but one WHOLE stretch of them. YUCK.
Finally we discovered we were at the wrong place when we asked the security guard for directions. LOL. And we spent like $40+ at the right shop. =X I thought Chinatown stuff was cheap!
We spent the rest of the early afternoon having lunch at Crystal Jade at Holland Village, where I recommended my favourite SHUANG PI NAI to Christine!! I think I'll never get tired of eating it everyday. WHEE.
And after wasting a great deal of time, we got down to work. =D

We had to first cut out the shapes of their bodies from felt by following a printed out template.

Fooling around with the camera for a while. XD

Then paint them skin color because they'll seriously look scary at night with white faces and bodies. Can't blame us for not getting skin color felt because the shop only had white, and other colors of the rainbow. :/
Poor Christine had to go home at 9pm because we took super long just to sew the heads and stuff them. I mean what can you expect from people who haven't touched Home Economics for 4 years and counting? =X
Day Two of Doll-Making Torture
This was the sad part because we used black thread for stitching up the head, and the thread could be significantly seen. Hence before Christine came, I experimented with the whole lot of remaining felt we had different sorts of stitches to see which one works best. So in the end, I plucked out all my stitches, took out the stuffing, changed thread, and did backstitch instead of hemmingbone stitch. HEARTPAIN.

As soon as Christine came, she got down to plucking out the stitches she did on Miss Liang's head while I repainted Mr Tan and the two "body parts". This means the previous day's efforts went down the drain. :/
Oh yeah, I got Christine hooked onto Lovely Complex while we were sewing. [note my computer screen above] That kind of explains our slow progress. =X

Painted the eyes on using a ballpoint pen [i was lazy to go over to the utility room and take my brush], stitched the hair on both of their heads, and glued the hair in position.
Day Three of Doll-Making Torture

Christine did the flower thingy for Miss Liang. :))

My table became an instant mess... :((

The BIG bag of materials. :O

The template for Miss Liang's top part of the dress painfully cut out from a page of my notebook.
Day Four of Doll-Making Torture

Poked myself twice IN A ROW. ARGH.

I was working on the frills of Miss Liang's dress...

The length of the frills perfectly fits my hips actually. Hehe. I hated this part because I had to do hemmings for ~90cm of cloth...

And sew 100cm of lace onto it.

Christine was working on the skirt part. Her spectacles are red-framed!! :O

Basically, for every piece of cloth we cut out, we had to do hemming.

Inserted in the elastic band to make the skirt more "pom".

Finished product.

Made the headless body wear it so that I could move on to sewing the frills onto the skirt.

This was the damn hard challenge because one stitch was 1mm, and considering that all the stitches were to be joined, it would mean that I would have to do 1000 stitches. CRAZY. Well actually there was a mistake because I accidentally folded the lace and sewed it onto the skirt so that it was now permanently half folded. So in the end I had to fold and stitch repeatedly until I was pretty much done.

Meanwhile Christine was sewing the shirt part and connecting all the pieces.

Dress nearing completion! Had to sew on alot of details according to Cheryl's design like the scattered beads...

...and the crossed ribbons which I had to sew onto the dress to make it stay crossed as long as possible.
Last Day of Doll-Making Torture

The plan for the day. [note at that point of time, the head was carefully placed -not stitched onto- on the body, and the bouquet and hands were connected by a black thread which I can be seen pulling. LOL.

Mr Tan's buttcrack!! XD

We managed to rush out his suit in 6 hours!!

Finally stitching up the head! =D

Had to arrange the basket with the wine glasses, wine, merci chocolates, and fake rose petals.

Closer look at the finished couple!! I feel so sorry for Mr Tan's skimpy clothing... XD

Closer look at the wine and glasses.

"True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist,
Nor can it be hidden where it truly does."

"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. "

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me;
We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key."

I ought to stop cheesing myself out. =X
OKAY. I'm finally done with the whole process. Looks easy yeah? It's not. Trust me. Unless you've been practising how to sew for the past 4 years. XD
Watch out for the next update on Miss Liang's wedding! =D
