<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7661030?origin\x3dhttp://mymarionette-realityfied.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, June 03, 2008
it's 12:00 PM.

Listening to: Kiss ~ Kaerimichi no Love Song - Tegomass


Finished watching Fated to Love You Episode 12 already. So sad! :((

Anyway, my econs tutor spent almost the whole lesson nagging at me to start studying. But I guess she's right in some way or another - I got no sense of urgency. Shucks. And the last thing I want is to end up nowhere after JC [I don't want to go to SIM no matter what]. What are the choices?

#1. Local university
I guess it's the number one choice for a majority of JC people, because I mean, JC is like the straight path to a local university, if you score well that is. My current grades suck like mad. Seriously. I never expected myself to get a u-grade for GP [okay, and that's partly because I didn't take one assessment], and even if I did take that test, I would still get an s-grade which is still fail. So the whole class failed, but there's got to be other people passing GP with flying colors right? ARGH.

#2. Private university
It's expensive, LIKE MAD. My tutor told me that she had to spend $32,000+++ on school fees already, and I think that's for just one year only? And 'sides, you pay more but you still get the same degree under a not so prestigious school. Okay, maybe it might be prestigious, I don't know, but I'm still supporting NUS. No SIM, please.

#3. Overseas university
Much more expensive than private university, because other than school fees, you still have to pay for accommodation, food, stationery... etc. In addition, you're in a foreign land with little or no family or friends. You have no idea what's the culture there. You get home sick, but you can't go home because the air ticket requires alot money, and you still have school which you already coughed out money for. You might have to juggle work and studies. If you have to repeat a term due to poor performance, okay, money issue again. :O If you're rich, good for you lorh. Go ahead and squeeze your parents' bank accounts dry.

#4. Skip university and work
Excuse me, but have I mentioned I'm from JC? Meaning, all I'll possess after A'Levels is a useless crappy A'Level certificate which can get me nowhere if I screw the exam up. Not to mention there'll be Polytechnic grads with the golden DIPLOMA which is obviously MUCH MORE useful than the flimsy A'Level cert. I can just imagine this if I don't go to university:
Old Friend: Hey! I haven't seen you for a long time! So what are you doing now?
Me: I'm working as a GM in Temasek Holdings.
Old Friend: Wow! Which department are you working under?
Me: Haha, *mutters* the sanitary department.
Old Friend: ......


I pondered on what I really want to do for pretty long while yesterday, and I think I might want to go into Architecture, Banking&Finance, Hotel Management, or Mass Media [perhaps scriptwriting?]. :))

It's scary to think about life after JC, because I mean, we're still living in a protected environment and still being spoon-fed by teachers. :/

Hmm, so many stuff to think about. I'm not looking forward to my birthday all of a sudden because it indicates a step towards "adulthood" [maturity/self-reliance] which I think I'm not ready for yet. But it'll also mean I can watch M18 shows legally!! =X

'Kay, shall stop typing for the day.

randomly defined.


archives.


shut up.


thankyous.